Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

12 Days of Blogmas: The Worst of 2016

'On the last day of blogmas my true love said to me, let's leave all this BS in 2016!' 
Hello everyone.
I don't want to put a downer on my blog but it is pretty safe to say that 2016 was the definition of poop and other synonyms.
A lot of sad, bad and heart breaking things happened this year. I know you probably don't need reminding but I just thought I would list the worst of the worst, and hopefully we can leave horrible things like these behind as we approach the new year!

  • Donald Trump. Need I say more? From his disgusting, repulsive, misogynistic, sexist comments, to his impersonation of someone with a disability, to his dumb thoughts on climate change, this man has dominated 2016 for all the wrong reasons. I'd like to say 2017 will be better, but, I highly doubt it.
  • Pulse Nightclub shooting. This story ripped through the hearts of so many, including my own. To think that innocent people were out enjoying themselves and were so viciously taken is just beyond saddening. The attack was the worst ever on the LGBT community and was also the worst terrorist attack in America since 9/11.
  • The death of Christina Grimmie. Many celebrities died this year and I will go onto them later. Christina's death was an utter shock and completely disturbed me given the violent nature of it. She was doing what she loved, meeting fans with open arms, and her life was taken away for no reason at all. I hope her voice lives on beyond the news of her passing.
  • The amount of celebrities who passed. From David Bowie to Alan Rickman, Prince, Muhammad Ali and David Gest to one of my favourite actors, Anton Yelchin. So many unforgettable entertainers left behind works that will live on.
  • Brexit. We really did THAT!
  • KILLER CLOWNS. You know what's scarier than the world practically going back on itself? CLOWNS. Specifically clowns who go out with knives and guns and just with the purpose of terrifying people.
  • Harambe. Now you've seen the memes. All I have to say is maybe if the parents were doing their job in watching their child then maybe, just maybe, we'd have one more gorilla in the world.
  • I have been dogless for over a year which is the definition of emo.
  • I am still financially unstable and living up to being a millennial living with their parents until the age of 107.
I think I should finish this by wishing you and the world a healthy and happy 2017. We deserve it. I would like to finish my final post of 2016 on a positive note. That is by thanking every person who has read any of my rambly blog posts. It means so much to me when I see that they've actually been read. I hope to bring more exciting content in 2017.
See you in my next post, next year,
love, Aimee :) xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post