Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

12 Days of Blogmas: Top 5 TV Specials

'On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Christmas specials on the TV'
Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying 12 Days of Blogmas so far. Today's post is dedicated to five of my favourite Christmas TV specials. I don't really watch much TV these days, but there is something about a Christmas episode I just cannot resist. So here goes, my five favourite Christmas TV Specials, in no ascending order:

  • The Big Bang Theory 2008 (The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis)
    image
    The Big Bang Theory is one of my favourite TV series of all time. This is such a funny, relatable Christmas special, as Sheldon frantically ponders what gifts he can give to Penny. I mean, who doesn't want to receive the entirety of Bath and Body Works? Best quote : 'Do you realize what this means? All I need is a healthy ovum and I could grow my own Leonard Nimoy!' 
  • Miranda 2010 (The Perfect Christmas)

image
Nothing makes me laugh harder than Miranda. She is just so me. This is one of the funniest Christmas specials just because of how relatable it seems. From her missing her gift pick up at the post office to the unbearable family gatherings over the festive season, Miranda hilariously presents us with Christmas. Best quote: 'Saying I haven't been rubbing peanuts on my breasts makes it sound like I've been rubbing peanuts on my breasts!'
 
The Middle 2013 (The Christmas Tree)

image
You can probably sense a theme of Christmas and comedy here. The Middle reminds me so much of Malcolm in the Middle. So for fans of that show, you'll no doubt love this. Things don't generally go well for the Heck's and so it is no surprise that Sue is allergic to their tree. Best Quote: 'Oh no! I'm allergic to Christmas.'
  • The Office 2005 (The Christmas Party)
    image
    Does anything say festive season more than Secret Santa, an office party and alcohol? I think not. Especially when it comes to Michael Scott and his colleagues. If there is one Christmas special you find yourself watching, make sure it is this one. Best quote: 'happy birthday Jesus. Sorry your party's so lame.'

  • Arrested Development 2004 (Afternoon Delight)
    image
    Finishing off the list we have my favourite show. The Bluth's are just so prone to predicaments. And what says tis the season to be jolly more than rebuilding the Banana stand, a Christmas party and a sexual harassment speech. Oh and the gift of Jason Bateman. Best quote: 'you're all fired. Each and every one of you. Merry Christmas!'
What are your favourite Christmas specials? I haven't left links to these shows because you know, I think that is kind of illegal. But I am sure you can find them online or relatively cheap in box sets. See you in my next post,
love, Aimee :) x


 



No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post