Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

I recently did a post on Birchbox, a monthly subscription box related to beauty. Part of me cancelled this because I couldn't justify paying for stuff I didn't need, and also, a part of me wanted to explore the realm of subscription boxes further (so technically, my bank account is still suffering).

Now, as fun as it is to receive random bits of beauty each month, I treat myself far too often as it is. Therefore, I opted to subscribe to Pink Parcel, which has an element of need to it, as it is a box designed to help you during that time of the month. That's right. A little pick you up parcel for your periods!


I know the subject of periods is quite touchy feely for some, but alas, it should come as no surprise that I, as a female of relatively good health and young age, suffer from monthly blood loss. Periods have never been all that fun for me. I mean, are they fun for anyone? Do you, reading this, jump for joy like those strange beings in the Bodyform adverts? A small background of my periods is as follows- I began them at a very young age, they make me cry (a lot), the sight of blood makes me nauseas (so imagine the delight in seeing it every month for several days), and most recently, my periods have been giving me the worst bouts of PMS, humanly possible.

So, with all that out of the way, the prospect of receiving something in the post which is designed to make me feel less cry baby and more I'M A STRONG ASS FEMALE, called out to me from the labyrinth of subscription boxes. What's great about Pink Parcel is that you not only get a random assortment of treats (such as tea, beauty bits, food and other surprises) you also are blessed with a heck ton of sanitary items (towels or tampons of your choice).

When my December Pink Parcel arrived, I was absolutely giddy. Firstly because the packaging reminds me of a selection box and selection boxes never lead to sadness! Secondly, because everything has its own little box inside the bigger box which is like a fun, personal game of pass the parcel.

 
 

I inevitably opened the 'For You' box first, as I have little self control and presumed it would lead me to treats (which, spoiler alert: it did). I was amazed by how many things you get in just this box. This isn't meant to be a drag at Birch Box, they are simply the only other subscription I've tried, but instantly, this parcel felt more worth the money. Inside this box I discovered an array of treats which made my already, hormone induced, emo stronger. The box contained a black liquid liner by the brand So Susan (which I love because I have run out of every liquid liner I own), a Maggie Anne nail paint in a silver shade (which happens to be cruelty free), a handbag sized perfume by English Laundry, a Whittard Earl Grey tea (which is one of my favourites), a sweet orange aromatherapy oil (which is both seasonal and great for making you feel relaxed), an eyeshadow quad by The Beauty Crop (which is cruelty free, fun sized and has the best packaging ever), a pair of snowflake shaped earrings by Pom Boutique (which also hits the festive mark) and last but certainly not least, a chocolate orange caramel sweet (which I devoured instantly, and also teared up over because chocolate orange is my favourite combination of all time).

So now that I have expressed how fantastic the treats were, let me move on to the part that makes this box somewhat of a necessity; the period products. When you subscribe you can opt for you choice of tampons or sanitary towels and then choose which brand you prefer. I believe I opted for Bodyform towels. I was expecting that I would probably get the standard packet you would find in a shop, but nope. The box blessed me with a box of towels 'For Now,' of which I believe there were 10, a box of thicker towels 'For Night' and finally, a little pouch containing towels 'For Later,' which again also had around 10 towels in. I can confirm that I had never been so happy to see period products in my life!

For £12.99, I think the price of Pink Parcel is completely supported by the contents of what you receive. So much so that when telling some friends how I suddenly was looking forward to my periods, one of them decided to sign up for Pink Parcel as well. I highly suggest trying them, even if for just one period, to see how great the products are and how well you will be stocked when Mother Nature next tries to fight you! See more about Pink Parcel here.

See you in my next post

Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post