Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

12 Days of Blogmas: The Best of 2016

'On the 11th day of blogmas, my true love gave to me, the best moments from 2016!'
Hello everyone.
Today's post is a little different. 2016 has been a bit of a rollercoaster for most of the world; from presidential debates to the countless celebrity deaths. I am saving all the bad moments for tomorrow's post because today, I want to focus on all the small but positive things 2016 gave us.
From things which made the entire world smile, to little things that happened in my life, here are some things that made 2016 one of the best years:

  • I graduated. That's right, this girl right here who thought university would chew her whole actually survived and graduated, fancy cap and all. It was such a fulfilling day, seeing me and the wonderful friends I had made at university, celebrate and be celebrated. One negative of this day is that it was quite literally the hottest day on record and I thought I would melt. Alas I didn't, and I am now a graduate, WOW!
  • I went to Disneyland Paris at Halloween for the second year in a row. This time was a lil different though. I got to see the fireworks, meet a few characters and SEE BEAST! I also got an annual pass so see you next year DLP!
  • I went on a family holiday for the first time in six or seven years. Being by the ocean is the most therapeutic thing in the world to me, and I have never been so relaxed. The destination was stunning, the weather was just right and the amount of happy hours truly completed me and restored my faith in humanity.
  • Finding Dory. Finding Nemo is one of my favourite films ever and the return of all my fishy friends was so well needed. There's something really nostalgic and emo and heartwarming about seeing characters you've grown up with coming back to the big screen.
  • Pokémon Go! Yes I know you're probably eye rolling to death but this lil app really made me happy. It got me and so many others out of the house and exploring. I saw parts of my city I never knew existed, all in the hopes of finding nests and lures.
  • The population of tigers increased which is just so GOOD FOR THE WORLD and my heart.
  • LEO FINALLY DID IT AND GOT HIMSELF AN OSCAR
  • I turned 21. A milestone age some people think, but a milestone for me in that I really didn't think I would make it this far
  • Carpool Karaoke became a thing
  • The Olympics bought the world together
  • I got to spend a lot of times with friends this year going to concerts, theatre shows and just hanging.
  • The Wizarding World we all know and love returned with Fantastic Beasts
  • DOGS STILL EXIST!
Let me know what some of the best things that happened in 2016 were for you!
See you in my next post which is a lot less positive!
Love, Aimee :) xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post