Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

12 Days of Blogmas: Top 5 Christmas Adverts

'On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, TV and something blogmassy'
Hello everyone, yesterday I posted my first blogmas post, and I am back with another. Today I thought I would write something a little bit shorter, but with the added bonus that you get to watch stuff!
We all have a favourite Christmas advert. This year I am loving the John Lewis one, obviously because it features a dog and fox. I am not entirely sure if this Christmas Ad addiction is a global thing or something just here in England. But, I am going to share my top five favourite Christmas adverts below, just to spread some festive fun into your day.
Disclaimer: none of these are in an ascending order xo



  • John Lewis 2011 (The Long Wait
My favourite thing about this advert is the way it represents being a child at Christmas. There is no greater feeling than being a child on Christmas Eve, too excited to sleep. I love the way the advert feels nostalgic. The time elapse is so beautiful as the season changes into snow, how the child looks out the window in his nativity costume and impatiently waits for Christmas to arrive. The best part is the end. I don't want to give away any spoilers but, I truly love the way the John Lewis motto is about 'gifts you can't wait to give.'

  • Sainsbury's 2014 (Christmas is for Sharing)
I know some people seemed to really not like this. But personally, no advert has made me cry like this did. It encapsulates the notion that Christmas is for everyone and is to be shared with everyone. I think some of us tend to think soldiers are some kind of humans of steel, and this advert, made in partnership with The Royal British Legion, shows such emotion. I think everyone should see it once in their lives.

  • Anchor 2015 (Little Elephant) 
This advert is pretty short and sweet but it is just so light hearted and funny. I love how it shows a real family situation at Christmas, a mother, child and grandparent, and that one annoying gift that the child loves but the parent wants to set on fire. What says Christmas more than gifts nobody wants in their home?

  • Marks and Spencer 2016 (With Love from Mrs Claus)
This is a recent addition to the list but I just want everyone to watch it. I love that it still presents the idea of family and wishes at Christmas, but that it replaces miracles or Santa and his elves with some other key Christmas figure, Mrs Clause. You know I am here for Girl Power and women being able to get a job done. Also the advert made me cry and that is any reason enough for it to be mentioned.

  • John Lewis 2013 (The Bear and the Hare)
This advert reminds me of a three minute Disney film.It is like The Fox and the Hound meets Brother Bear meets Snow White and it just makes me feel so warm and happy inside. I absolutely love the stunning song which accompanies it and I am just so here for animation and animals in adverts. It really is an advert everyone needs to see.

So that is it for today's blogmas post. I really hope you enjoyed these adverts, especially if it was your first time watching them. Let me know what are your favourite Christmas adverts, especially if you live in a country that isn't England!
See you in my next post,
love, Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post