Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

All Time Low Acoustic @ Hippodrome, Kingston

Hello Everyone,
Sorry it's been a few days since my last post things have been pretty busy lately but here I am, ready to tell you about RAD AS FUCK show that was All Time Low's acoustic gig in Kingston.
First things first, I have to point out that it was Emmy's birthday and I'm glad we got to have such an insanely great time watching one of our favourite bands, along with Georgina.



We got tickets to the 4pm acoustic and arrived in Kingston around 2. We were hungry and so decided to top ourselves up with Nandos before heading to the venue. We hung out with a couple of Emmy's friends who were also going to the show, and who are planning a Disney wedding which to me is the ultimate couple goals so KUDOS to them.
Then we headed for the venue. We knew the venue had been upgraded due to demand but the queue was like a snake that slithered what seemed, around the whole of Kingston. But, it was okay because we wasted our time taking selfies and the queue shuffled inside relatively quickly.
None of us had been to the venue so we didn't know what to expect when we got inside, but it's safe to say that it was pretty intimate. The floor standing was extremely tight knit, and the balconies and staircases provided limited viewing. We secured a spot on the floor but could only see by tip toeing. Real Friends supported and I was incredibly pumped to see them, as they've become one of my new favourite bands. They played a few songs, and had a talk about the support slot they had at Wembley, along with giving a shoutout to Nandos, which us three joined in with. When Dan, the lead vocalist, gave a talk about suicide prevention and how nobody should let anything get in the way of them and getting help I did shed a little tear or two. They then went into Lost Boy which is one of my favourite songs of theirs and the moment was very surreal. It was moving to hear a tiny chorus of people singing along. They then performed I've Given Up On You, which I both adore but also find difficult to listen to at times but I managed to pull through and really embrace the moment. I would love to go and see Real Friends headline in the future.
It was a few minutes of soundchecking before All Time Low came on stage. In that time we managed to secure a better spot on the balcony and prepare for the four Baltimore kids we had been waiting for.
The fact that All Time Low had played a sold out show at Wembley Arena two days prior to the gig was insane. To be at a show of 1000 people was such a drastic shift and atmosphere. They played some of their classic songs like Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't), Somewhere in Neverland and Backseat Serenade (which I quite unashamedly changed to Jackseat and Zackseat)! When Jack, Zack and Rian left the stage and Alex was alone with his guitar I kind of knew to prepare for Therapy, but then Alex did a little speech and began to play Remembering Sunday and I thought I was going to have to leave for a moment because nothing could have prepared me for that. It's moment I feel like I've waited my entire life for and I was so HOLY SHIT THIS IS HAPPENING whilst Alex played. When Cassadee Pope walked on stage to join him my jaw almost touched the floor. She is such a talented musician in her own right but to see that happen at such a tiny venue was completely incredible. You can watch my video of Remembering Sunday here :)

Then Alex did go into Therapy and I was so (gasping emoji) over Remembering Sunday I didn't have time to be emotional over Therapy.

The response to songs of their upcoming album Future Hearts was so cool. They played Kids in the Dark which went down pretty well with everyone and finished their set with Something's Gotta Give, in which everyone went hard for the moment (no dick joke intended)!
The day was truly unforgettable and we got to see some of our friends after the gig who were going to the 7pm acoustic, which was the cutest way to end such an amazing day!
Thanks for reading,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post