Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

12 Days of Blogmas: Top 5 Festive Films

'On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, films that are Christmassy'
Hello everyone,
'12 Days of Blogmas' is well and truly underway and I really hope you're enjoying what I've been writing. I figured we all have a favourite Christmas film, which we replay on a loop every December. From classics to more modern movies, sitting in front of the TV with your family and a few tins of chocolate is a Christmas tradition. If you want to know which movies have made my 'Top Five Festive Films' list, then keep on reading!


  1. Elf (2003)
    image
    This is by far my favourite Christmas film. It has comedy, a rather unique plot and the voice of Zooey Deschanel, which is a Christmas treat. It also happens to be the most quotable Christmas film, e.g 'OH MY GOD! SANTA! I know him,' 'you sit on a throne of lies' and 'the best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud, for all to hear.' Buddy is just a man on a mission, to spread magic, meet his father and bring out the festive spirit in everyone.
  2. Home Alone (1990)
    image
    John Hughes has given us so many incredible films, and this Christmas classic we all know and love, is right at the top. Like Elf, the narrative is pretty unique, with a child being left alone and forgotten by his family over the holidays. No matter how many times you see this film, you never get tired watching Kevin take on Harry and Marv in hilarious ways. It is also very quotable, most notable for its 'Merry Christmas ya filthy animal' line.
  3. The Grinch(2000)
    image
    At one point in our lives, we can all relate to The Grinch. Either for his lack of Christmas cheer, isolation from society or his inability to tolerate certain people. I think the world of WhoVille is incredible and honestly, I wish there was a theme park dedicated to The Grinch and the mind  of Dr Seuss. From the costuming, to the traditions of the Who's, this is a fantastic Christmas themed film, and one I could watch year round.
  4.  Christmas with the Kranks (2004)
    image
    I feel like not enough people talk about this film and how wonderful it is. As you may know, Jamie Lee Curtis is a queen of mine, and I love Tim Allen. Combining them and Christmas and you get a fantastic festive film. The Kranks are known for their Christmas cheer, from their annual Christmas Eve party, to their donations and participation in all things Christmas. But, with their daughter going away for the holidays, they decide to book a cruise, resulting in judgement from their neighbours and a last minute disaster. I absolutely love this film, particularly for its 'Hickory Honey Ham' scene!
  5. Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999)
    image
    Now this is good because you get three tales for the price of one. Each deals with loved characters, Mickey and Minnie, Donald Duck and Family, and Goofy and Max. Each also deals with relatable feelings over the festive season, such as wanting to buy a loved one something special but not having the finances to do so, wishing every day could be Christmas and believing in Santa. It is a heart warming watch, and I never get tired of the stories.
I am sure you are surprised that some classic Christmas films haven't been featured so I am going to quickly mention a few films which came up short! These include The Muppets Christmas Carol, Jingle All the Way, Gremlins (which I watch year round hence not making the list) and The Nightmare Before Christmas (which I watch at Halloween hence not making the list).
Let me know in the comments what your favourite Christmas film is!
Love, Aimee :) xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post