Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

twenty one pilots @ Alexandra Palace

Hello everyone,
the time has come for me to talk about a very emo day. Emo in a good way, might I add. On November 11th I saw MY FAVOURITE BAND live for the first time and I cannot even begin to express how SUPERB it was.

Let's go back to where it all began, Wood Green tube. We stepped from the train, pumped up and ready to queue. We were faced with poster after poster of twenty one pilots. From fan art, to dates of their previous London shows. I knew that this show was going to be a huge punch of emo, but I wasn't expecting it to happen before reaching the venue.
an emo family portrait
With this very emo welcome we headed to Ally Pally, potentially the worst venue ever? We had prepared two versions of Heads UP, packed two versions of fireball mixers and were ready to enjoy the queue as much as we could. But no. WE HAD TO STAND ALL HUDDLED FROM 4:30 when doors weren't until 6:30. ~NOT COOL~
Wood Green Photoshoot
The venue just isn't right for concerts. There is such a long walk to the standing area, and the toilets are on THE OPPOSITE SIDE. The first drama of the night was Georgia and Natalie going to the toilets, me getting us a spot (centre of crowd, perfect view of KINGS) but G-Dizzle did a Dan Howell and sprayed deodorant in her eye, the crowd filled up and as much as I tried to keep our spaces, it was not possible. Fast forward frantic phone calls and messaging about where people were in the crowd, to us being reunited side of stage.
I was not expecting to enjoy the opening act, there's just something about Youtubers not Youtubing that bothers me. But, Bry was really lovely and so excited to be there, his songs were quite catchy, and Tyler and Josh selected him so I was more than willing to give him a chance, and I think he was pretty good.
My heart is my armour
A curtain then covered the stage, which is when I started internally dying, because it started to hit WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. I had counted the days to this show, imagined it in my head, avoided set lists because I didn't want any spoilers, and now it was happening and I was about to scream. Which is good because the curtain dropped and I got to scream. A really ~snazzy~ light up microphone dropped from somewhere and a balaclava and red suited up Tyler went into Heavydirtysoul. A lot was happening. Lights, backdrops, balaclavas, Josh Dun. Then they played Migraine and I kind of went into some full force EMOde that I've never felt before. Because a lot of the show is just such a blur(ryface) to me I am going to list below parts I remember:
  • The intro to House of Gold and me being ready to SH*T myself but realising it was just an intro.
  • Screaming YEAH YEAH YEAH louder than I have screamed anything in my life.
  • The girl infront of me filming the whole show and me laughing when her storage was full mid way through.
  • Me wondering how they got to the second stage so fast.
  • The interlude type of videos, such as the Josh Dun 'anxiety' one where some strange masked people tell him not to go back on stage.
  • THE KIMONO
  • Me waiting forever to do the whole get to the floor and jump up when Tyler says, only for me to fall and think I am going to be crushed to death.
  • The amount of jumping Tyler expected me to do during their cover of 'Jump around' when there was quite literally no room for me to do as the song said.
  • Me saying 'TIME FOR ME TO LEAVE' when I heard the first single drop of Kitchen Sink
  • MY FAVOURITE SONG HOLDING ONTO YOU being played and me resisting the urge to drop to the floor and let a sink hole delete my existence.
  • Hearing the live version of Stressed Out which I love so much more than the original because it is a little more stripped back and I love the whole child singing it in the intro part.
  • Heathens and me feeling like I was a part of Suicide Squad for five minutes.
  • TEAR IN MY HEART THE ACTUAL MODERN ANTHEM OF LOVE
  • Josh Dun doing a backflip and my heart flipping it's way out of my ass.
  • The amount of times Tyler asked us to give it up for Josh Dun.
  • The amount of costume changes.
  • THE STUNNING BACKDROPS AND LIGHTING DURING EVERY SONG
  • Wondering how Tyler made it to the second stage so fast during Car Radio
  • Me feeling like I was in the Car Radio video
  • THE GIANT BALLS I THOUGHT WOULD CRUSH ME
  • Josh Drumming on the crowd
  • The light up banana
  • Me being a goner during Goner
  • THE CONFETTI
  • THE CONFETTI COMING OUT AS TYLER BASHED DRUMS
  • The lil bow at the end
  • Tyler's emo speech
  • Titanic playing as we left
  • The amount of parent aged people there without children
  • Me crying at every twenty one pilots song post show
I did make a vlog kinda thingy if you would like to watch that here.
Until my next post, take care,
Love, Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post