Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Primark Matte Lipsticks: A Review

Hello everyone,
I am back and bursting with post ideas, which is a Christmas miracle!
I would like to start this by saying I sadly am not NikkieTutorials, so being a beauty Goddess is not part of my CV. However, I am obsessed with liquid lipsticks. From KVD to NYX, nudes to reds, lipsticks are my favourite beauty product.
I recently lost my one and only red, and given I rarely wore it anyway, I wanted a fairly cheap replacement. In to Primark I walked, for nothing in particular, and out I came, £25 poorer, but the owner of new, matte liquid red.
At £2.50, I was conflicted. I wasn't expecting great coverage or quality, but I was also comforted by the fact that it hadn't been an expensive purchase. I rushed home, ready to test my new little lippie out, and I was so, very, pleasantly surprised.

Firstly, the formula is incredible. I only needed one dip and one swipe to my top and lower lip, in order to get great coverage. I had predicted it would have some kind of sickly, Claire's Accessories type scent to it, and to my delight it didn't. £2.50, would you believe, can get you an super slick lipstick. The liquid dries completely within about twenty seconds and doesn't transfer, which is a perk for anyone with a boyfriend/girlfriend/pet they kiss regularly. As with any liquid based lipstick, food and drinks do take product off the lip, but given the low cost of the product, you don't mind having to touch up often, as it is so affordable to replace, compared to other lipsticks like Jeffree Star's which retail for about 10X the price. The only issue I had with this lipstick is that it comes out a lot more cherry red on the lips, which isn't a problem if that's a shade you want, but it does look deeper in the packaging.

I then went back to Primark to purchase more shades. They actually have a good selection of nudes, bolder colours and, to my actual surprise, METALLICS! I picked up two and raced home for a similar swipe test that I had done with my red.
The second shade I tried out was Kiki (potential reference to Kylie Lipkits and Kardashian nicknames?) which is a deep plum shade. Now, I know that darker shades are harder to formulate, even for high end brands, so take what I say lightly. This was my least favourite shade. I just felt it was very uneven coverage and the formula felt thicker. When you get the application even it does look like an autumnal slaying colour, but it is just such hard work to make it work.

The final shade I got was Goddess which is a STUNNING, deep rose gold metallic colour. It makes me feel like a goddess! This has quickly become one of my most loved lipsticks. Like the red shade, you only need one dip and swipe on each lip for amazing coverage. It also is scented, unlike the other matte's, and it is quite a fruity mango scent. I have been wanting a metallic for ages and I really didn't want to spend on Kylie Cosmetics, so to find a cheap, great coverage alternative on the High Street is just the best, and one of many reasons I love Primark.

What is not to love about these affordable matte lipsticks?
Thank you for reading this review, let me know if there are any other beauty products I should try out.
See you in my next post,
love, Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post