Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Aimee Was In Disneyland Paris

Hello everyone,
So I would like to start this by thanking everyone and anyone who read my 'Here Comes Halloween' series. I truly hope you enjoyed them and I really hope to do something similar over the Christmas period.
Moving on from this, I want to tell you all about my recent trip to Disneyland Paris. It was honestly one of the best times I have had in my life. I hope I won't ramble too much. I visited the park from the 29th of October to November 1st. If you read my TBT post, you will know that I was also at the park last Halloween. It has become some kind of tradition I am hoping to keep.

Myself, Bekka, Michelle and Emma stayed at the Kyriad, which isn't a Disney hotel, but was a fifteen minute shuttle bus from the park, which hosted a very delicious 1euro latte machine and a FARM! So to be honest, I had a pretty great experience even before reaching the Disney park! One of the main things that has cemented my friendship with Bekka is our love for Disney, and I was so happy to be going with her. I also got to spend time in the park with Emma, one of my favourite people in the world who until this trip, was unsure when I would see again due to her year abroad.
This post might end up being dissertation length if I mention every last detail, so I am going to list my highlights for you:
  • SEEING BELLE AND HUMAN BEAST TWICE
  • SEEING BELLE AND BEAST WITH MY ACTUAL EYES
  • Captain Hook choosing to take a photo with me when I was bounding Peter Pan, making me fear he would kill me
  • TOWER OF TERROR FASTPASSES ON HALLOWEEN
  • Villains being out in full force and putting on an amazing show which I watched approximately 117 times
  • Crush's Coaster making me laugh so hard
  • Playing Head's Up in the lengthy queues, entertaining ourselves and all of the very confused, foreign people around us
  • H-A-K-U-N-A-F-R-I-E-S
  • MEETING GASTON. MY KING. MY EVERYTHING.
  • Getting the Poison Apple mug I have wanted for SO LONG
  • Thinking I would projectile vom during the unknown upside down part of the Indiana Jones Rollercoaster
  • CAUSING A SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, because I wanted to FEEL THE TEMPERATURE of the WATER
  • Jafar picking Bekka for a photo, Bekka saying no and Bekka's face in the photo
  • Two girls reuniting me and Emma during a parade and said girls turning out to be Disney Vloggers Emma loves
  • Lady Tremaine and the Ugly Stepsisters appreciating our Disneybound and having a lengthy interaction with us
  • PETER PAN BLOWING ME, AN EMO CHILD, A KISS
  • Someone recognising my Halloween costume
I know a lot of parents people seem to think Disney is for children, and specifically their children, but here is a tiny list of reasons why I, a young adult, and my friends, appreciate it more:
  • We pay for ourselves to get in. We work our asses off at jobs we may not entirely love, in order to afford to be there.
  • As a child, I was never taken to any Disney park for a holiday. Which means that I waited OVER TWENTY years to be there. I have planned it out in my mind from childhood to adulthood and so IT MEANS MORE TO ME.
  • We planned what we wanted to do around the parade times, meaning we went and got good spaces for parades an hour or so before they began. We waited it out, missing time on rides we wanted to go on, because we wanted to see the parade. Why then should we let you and your child push infront of us when you show up as the parade starts?
  • I am more likely to remember the experience over your toddler who I am pretty sure has no idea what is going on!
Rants over, it was such an incredible experience. I succumbed to buying an annual pass, which means I will obviously be making a few more trips over the next year. Until then I am going to leave you with some of my favourite pics. I did film my trip so watch this space for some kind of vlog thing!
Love, Aimee :) xx
 

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post