Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

November 2016 Favourites

Hello everyone,
it has been a while since my last favourites post. I wanted a little break from doing the same style of posts, but I have been loving so many things recently and I wanted to share them with you.






Music: Towards the end of this month my beautiful Stranger Things Vinyl arrived and it is just the most dreamy, dramatic thing in the world. I know you can get the soundtrack on CD and possibly can stream it, but nothing will be as pleasing as the vinyl version. I am really mourning the lack of Stranger Things in my life at the minute, and this record makes me feel like I am in Hawkins. Even if you haven't watched the series, if you want to listen to something soothing and atmospheric, this is perfect for you.



Scent: Bath and Body Works are a blessing and a curse. They are so filled with gorgeous smelling products but they don't ship to the UK (which ya know my bank account isn't so sad about). Enter Depop, a site which allows you to sell clothes, makeup and miscellaneous items. I found SO MANY B&BW products but limited myself to one purchase, the 'Pumpkin Pecan Waffles' candle. If I could describe this it would be, festive, spooky and like a spiced biscuit. IT IS SO DELICIOUS and I actually haven't lit it too much because I don't want it to ever finish. I must add that the smell is so STRONG honestly the first time I took the lid off, my room had such a pumpkin sprinkle to it. 10/10 would repurchase (sorry bank account).


TV Show: I spent a majority of November watching, being confused and repulsed by American Horror Story's sixth season, My Roanoke Nightmare. Now, I love AHS for how disturbing and intense it has been in previous seasons, but so much of this I watched through squinted eyes and sometimes actually didn't watch at all in fear of vomming. I am unsure how I feel about it. I really enjoyed the documentary, reality TV style it had and it definitely had me guessing and wanting answers. However, I was disappointed by a) the lack of Evan Peters b) KATHY BATES' AWFUL ACCENT and c) the fact that the finale that promised to answer everything left me with even more questions.
November also bought the return of the final season of Teen Wolf, one of my favourite shows. I have waited so long for its return, and the return of Stiles and Dylan and just knowing he is ok, but this season is all  about everyone forgetting Stiles and I am downright offended.


Film: I must confess, I am not a Harry Potter fangirl. That said, I definitely do not dislike it. I had seen so much hype for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and my best pal came home from uni for a weekend so we went to see it. It doesn't take much to convince me to see something with Eddie Redmayne in. I enjoyed it so much more than any film I have seen this year. I felt like I was in New York, I was so invested in Jacob not being obliviated and I damn nearly fell off my chair when I saw that EZRA MILLER IS IN IT. I would really recommend everyone goes and sees this, even if you don't like HP, because it is just such a family friendly fantasy.


Event: I have mentioned at least 2000 times that I saw twenty one pilots in November, but I couldn't not feature my faves on my favourites list. Honestly, everyone needs to experience one of their shows. I have never seen such beautiful backdrops or heard a crowd sing back so loudly, it was hypnotising. If you'd like an indepth account of why this was such a fantastic show, you can read this post.

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post