Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

F*CK! I'm (almost) In My Twenties

A few years back I stumbled upon a post on Tumblr which raved about a certain blog, which was run by the sister of one of my favourite musicians (Ezra Koenig, Vampire Weekend). So, I gave the blog a peek and was amazed by the online world which Emma Koenig had created. You can find Emma's blog here.
The blog was humorous, visual, and although I was closer to 15 than 20 at the time, was relatable. I envied this blood of Koenig which seemed to burn with creativity.
When I found out that Fuck! I'm In My Twenties was actually being released as a book I was delighted. I'm a huge fan of the Rookie Yearbook run by Tavi Gevinson, and thought Emma's blog was very similar in it's kitsch, cool style.
I decided I wanted this book for my 20th birthday, and I've waited. In the time since I first encountered Emma's blog I've completed my A Levels and embarked on my degree, and more than anything, I've joined the gloomy path to a teenageless life. A few years ago I liked the idea of Fuck! I'm In My Twenties, but now I feel like I'm living the life Emma describes.
I recently decided that with the amount of work related to my degree right now is so immensely agonising that I might not make it to 20, so, on a whim, I ordered Koenig's book, as well as the journal to accompany it.



I've never related to anything more in my life. The tales of becoming the person that warned you and others to stay in school are conversations I find myself having again and again with younger relatives, along with college really just being about me spending my time procrastinating on YouTube and realising I have an accent. I feel that Fuck! I'm In My Twenties is the kind of book I would write, although it'd probably be less funny and visual because I can't draw for shit!
I think Koenig's book is a must for anyone who is about to let go of the innocent 'live while you're young' teenage years, and it to the gloomy hell of Twent(een)!
Thank You Emma Koenig for documenting my future in a cute, cool and enchanting book that I intend on carrying everywhere!

2 comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post