Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Mini Life Update

Hello everyone,

I haven't done a post like this in a while and I thought it might be nice to give you all a little update on where I am at with life at the moment. So, grab a biscuit, wrap yourself in a blanket and enjoy this mini life update.


Firstly, for the last six weeks I have been undertaking an internship in my city, through a graduate scheme run by the university I went to. Now, when it comes to new things my stomach usually has a somersault explosion but, when facing this experience, I felt nothing but excitement. It is such a fulfilling feeling to be a twenty one year old, doing things I expect a twenty one year old to be doing; getting the train into the city, doing actual daily exercise when walking to and from my placement, learning new skills, meeting new people, gaining valuable experience and working an actual 9-5 adult job. I realise the term adult job makes it sound like I've been working in some kind of pimp joint but this is not the case. I've been working in the office for a teaching association. Now, I've known for a while my ~career~ goals include either a charity or education so this really hits that on the head. I never saw myself as the working in an office kind of person, but I find something so satisfying in reading and replying to emails, researching articles, organising files, sending and opening post and designing flyers. It might sound basic and trivial but I feel like I've learnt SO MUCH in the last six weeks.

This leads on to my next topic: job hunting. As my placement has come to an end, I've begun searching for jobs in a similar field. It is no secret, if you know me, that working in retail has just completely been eating away at my brain and happiness for a while now. Unfortunately, finance is a major factor for me, and I cannot quit retail until I have something to fall back on. The problem with job searching is I find it heightens my anxiety. I can sell myself on paper but I always stumble in interviews, failing to produce great answers on the spot, being conscious of my body language, eye contact and confidence in answering. Another thing that doesn't help is this ridiculous cycle of wanting a job, employers wanting experience and employers not providing it. Even now, with the rich experience I've gained over the last six weeks doesn't amount to much in the eyes of companies seeking one+ years experience. Nonetheless, I am applying and doing all I can to remain positive. The people I've met in my experience have told me about their careers, where they started, went and have ended up, so I am just seeing this small bump of my retail career as being a tiny part in the bigger picture of my life.

My next 'adult problem' is my current spending ban. Now, I have nipped to Primark for the occasional thing I don't need, but these have been £5 damages here and there, rather than £50 damages here and there. As I am planning to go to America in September I am trying as much as possible to save every last penny I can towards it (because you know this candle queen is going to eat Bath and Body Works alive).

Away from these proper grown up tales, I have been on a serious TV binge lately. I am absolutely and utterly obsessed with Riverdale. I generally prefer to watch series' once they're over, so I can binge over a weekend, and this whole one episode a week ending on a cliffhanger thing is REALLY difficult. The characters are well written, the twists and turns are great and the last 'anti-fuckboys' episode was literally everything. Also COLE SPROUSE breathes in it so that's an added bonus.
I've also been watching The OA a lot. Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of it. Personally the episodes are too long and there are bits where I just don't get why they're happening. However, it is making me continue watching, so I guess it's not that bad. I'm also getting back into The 100. Now, I'm not going to get into this too much (mainly because it doesn't deserve it) but the last series really did me dirty and I am very reluctant in letting it take over my life again. All I am saying is if they kill of Jasper, I really will begin my boycott against this show!

In terms of what's happening over the next few weeks, I am going to be a very busy lil bee. I'm having two very delayed Christmasses. One with Emmy, Amy and Emilia in Birmingham, and then one with Georgia and Natalie pre-ATL show. Leading from that, I have a shit ton of shows creeping up on me: With Confidence, All Time Low x2, State Champs, Blink 182 and then RENT. I am probably going to be emo for three thousand months once all these events are over so prepare yourself for that!

I am also giving YouTube a go? I really, really cannot cope with the sound of my voice or the way my face looks in things, so filming and editing is quite a challenge for me. I just really enjoy watching other people on YouTube and I think it's a good way for people to find out more about you. I think I'm one of those people who when you meet them, you think they hate you. So this is a good way of me displaying that I'm actually a cuddly bear rather than a bitchass (although I am kind of a bitchass).

I think this is all I have to share for now. Let  me know what kind of things are happening for you guys at the minute in the comments, I would love to have a little chat.

Until my next post, take care.
Love, Aimee xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post