Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

January 2017 Favourites

Hello everyone,
for today's post I thought I would bring back a good old mini favourites haul. I personally love watching people talk about theirs on YouTube and also reading about them on certain blogs, so I thought it would be a nice lil post for me to get back into the swing of this blogging thing.
If you want to know some of the things that I've been loving since the New Year then just keep on reading!




Scent: If you've followed my blog for a while now, you will know how much of a candle loving lady I am. From Yankee Candles to Primark's own, there's nothing cosier than a good scented flame filling up your room. Recently I have been loving Matalan. Over the Christmas period I picked up a few cool clothing items and some random bits I didn't really need. One of those things was this vanilla scented candle which is just £3. It is not overwhelmingly vanilla like, which I quite enjoy and if I could describe it as anything it would be like the little Flump marshmallows you can get from sweet shops. It is so lovely and it just has a little feel good sweetness about it. I will definitely be picking more candles up from Matalan to test out and I would highly recommend going out and purchasing one of these. For the size of the candle and the power of the scent they come at such an incredible fraction of the cost of bigger companies.




Makeup: If you read my most recent post you might have seen that I am ~ meant to be ~ on a spending ban. But I did pick up some Barry M nail polishes before that happened. I don't paint my nails very often so when I pick up polishes I like them to be affordable. Barry M are my favourite brand for nail varnish, they do such a great variety of shades and textures with such an inexpensive price tag. They recently launched their Frosted Cupcake collection which I am so in love with. I picked up 'Blue Velvet' which I like to think of as a Cinderella Blue. It definitely reminds me of a glass slipper with the little bits of subtle sparkle. I also picked up a Molten Metal varnish in the shade 'Copper Mine' which is so gorgeous and reminds me of lava. Also pictured is one of the Aquarium varnishes in the shade 'Pacific.' These are no longer listed on the Barry M stores but if you are after a colour changing polish which feels super mermaidy, I would recommend going to Superdrug to try and find one. At the time I bought the first two shades they were 2 for £6 at boots.




Stationary: I recently started an internship with one of the benefits being I had a new excuse to go out and buy some new stationary. I have been so obsessed with Gabby's (Velvet Ghost) collection with Primark but really couldn't justify spending £5 on this pictured item. But, I saw this in a sale for £2 and immediately snatched it up as it has such cute decorations and literally a bit of everything that I need for my placement. If you are after really stylish and affordable stationary for work or studying then I think a trip to Primark should be on your list of things to do!




Book: I mentioned in my 2017 Goals post that I want to read more this year. My aim is to read at least one book per month and I have actually stuck to this for January, even if I did read it on the 30th! I've had Holding Up the Universe in my collection since October. Jennifer Niven is one of my favourite new authors, with her first book All the Bright Places literally tearing my soul in two. Holding Up the Universe is very different to anything I've read in YA, given that it follows Libby, who was once America's fattest teen, and Jack who is a bit of an asshole but also with a lot going on at home. I would recommend this book as it is uplifting, it is striking in terms of what school is like and I honestly found Libby to be a very powerful character. This book retails for £7.99 but you can find it in Asda and probably for free in libraries.




Film: You either love it or hate it, but you can't deny La La Land is the talk of the town. If something has Emma Stone or Ryan Gosling written on it, you can bet your diddly do that I will be seeing it. I sat through two hours of music, dance, song and love and I am not going to spoil you but the end destroyed me. I truly had a 'what is the meaning of life?' moment. But I did fall in love with the characters and the setting and the cinematography.




That's all for my mini January favourites post. Let me know if you're loving any of the things I've mentioned or if you think there's something I should try in Feb. See you in my next post.
Love, Aimee xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post