Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

2016 Favourites

Hello everyone,
Happy New Year! I must begin by apologising for the fact my 12 Days of Blogmas didn't get completed due to illness and work, I am sorry for that and hope that this forthcoming Christmas will be better!
I know we all want 2016 to RIP (that's rest in *broken* pieces) but I thought it would be nice if my first post of the New Year was a little summary of all the things I loved in 2016. I was going to make this a YouTube video but I am just very lazy and very busy atm and I really wanted to get this up before 2018! So here it is, my ultimate favourites from 2016:

Beauty
 
Makeup Revolution- I spent a large portion of my time (and money) on this brand throughout 2016. Keeping up to date with their social media for new product releases, seeing how well they engage with people on Twitter and the amount of competitions they run on their Instagram shows just how well their customer services work. Almost all of my favourite makeup comes from this brand, from the Mermaids Forever palette, to their Vivid Baked Highlighters and their neutrals vs newtrals palette which is the love of my life, this brand has just completely owned my makeup drawer. They make highly pigmented, super affordable and often brilliant dupes for higher end brands and they never disappoint. I even chose to get their advent calendar so I could treat myself every day during the festive period with their products! I am so excited to see what 2017 brings from this brand.

Argan Oil Haircare- My hair has had a pretty rough few years. From bleaching, to copious amounts of hair dye, it quite literally was dying. I kept seeing Argan Oil products in Poundland and having read how good it can be at treating hair, I decided to purchase the spray. Since using it, my hair feels super soft and also smells so good. They do a shampoo and a conditioner in the range which I'm hoping to use this year, to see what the full effect of these products is.

Sleek Makeup- If you love highlighters, then you probably know how fantastic this brand is. Seriously, I know at least 3 people with the Solstice palette (I am also the proud owner of it) but it's not just highlighter which this brand is so ace at rolling out. I've purchased three of their eyeshadow palettes this year, all which are highly pigmented and long lasting. Their eyebrow palette has also found its way into my everyday routine and I just think the quality of their products makes them such a great buy.

Kat Von D- KVD has been around for a while now, but until recently, it was exclusive to Sephora, which was such a bummer for international people like me. Luckily for me (and not my bank account) Debenhams recently started selling the products online and in their Oxford Street store, blessing UK customers. Given the hype and the cruelty free nature of these products, I decided to purchase some bits and was super impressed by them. In particular the Tattoo Liner is THE BEST eyeliner I've used. It has such a great little nib which is helpful for novices like me, who struggle to get a precise application. The liquid liners are also very long lasting and come in a wide range of colour options. My favourite being Lolita II.

Colourpop- They're a relatively new brand but are not to be underrated. Though their products come at a drugstore price, they have such a long lasting quality. Their lipsticks are matte without being too drying, their eyeshadows are completely pigmented and don't budge. Though they come with quite pricey customs fees, I think I'm going to spend a lot on them in 2017.

Music
I recently posted my sound of 2016, which I will link here. As this exists I won't bore you to death with lengthy descriptions. I will just note some artists and songs.
DNCE- for their high energy, feel good music
Shawn Mendes- for his ballads and for the intense feeling he gives me and my pals
Melanie Martinez- for her visual concepts
Halsey- for still being the ultimate babe spice queen and providing the banger of the year
With Confidence- who I think are going to own my 2017
twentyonepilots- for being beyond the live band I expected them to be and just making life so good

We Don't Have to Dance by Andy Black- Featured in WWE PPV's and on multiple playlists this year
We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth- making me miss a breakup I haven't had
Closer by the Chainsmokers and Halsey- Making me move whenever it's on the radio
Don't Threaten me with a Good Time by Panic! at the Disco- for giving us lyrics that are so catchy
Girls Talk Boys by 5 Seconds of Summer- for just being a jam
Toothbrush by DNCE- an example of the bop they are so good at

TV

Stranger Things- We all knew this would be on the list because I have done nothing but talk about it since I saw it. From the setting, costuming and music to the characters, I love this TV show with all of my heart and 2017 couldn't bring season 2 fast enough! You can read my rambly declaration of my love for this show here.

Scream- I love Horror, and I love classics, so this mixture was perfect viewing for me. Season one was by far better than season two but nonetheless, I love a good search for a killer. I'm very excited for when series three rolls out this year.

Mr Robot- If you know me and don't know how much I love this show, do you even know me at all? I think it is just so clever and interesting and current and I would give a kidney for Elliot. I need the new season immediately as I'm having withdrawals.

Films

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- Which bought us back into the Wizarding World
The Edge of Seventeen- Which felt like it could have been a modern John Hughes film
Finding Dory- Which made me feel seven again
Ghostbusters- Which showed how badass women can be
Suicide Squad- Which had the BEST soundtrack
Zootropolis- Which added extra fox to Jason Batemaan

Moments

Seeing The Maine for the first time in years, which reminded me why they are my favourites
Seeing The Book of Mormon twice with Bekka and finding a new thing to fangirl about
Going to Lille with Bekka to see 5SOS, and ultimately becoming pals
Going to Portugal which was SO RELAXING
Graduating (which is super scary but I DID THAT)
Going to Disneyland Paris for the Halloween Soiree
Travelling with my pals to see 5SOS across the country
The countless PPV's we watched and screamed at, specifically Wrestlemania
Seeing twentyonepilots live
All the dogs I got to pet
Going to the zoo
Pokehunting
Taking MOM to Mosh
Meeting internet pals, AKA MAJA
Getting matching Disney tattoos with my best pal
Turning 21 and having the cutest cake

I'm sure there are many things I've missed off this list, cause I'm indecisive and forgetful. I don't have any resolutions for this year, apart from to keep on blogging and making my blog look better. But I do have some exciting things happening this year, which I will probably be blogging about:
I have so many gigs this year including State Champs, All Time Low and BLINK 182,
I am finally going to see RENT and probably going to die when it happens
I THINK I AM GOING TO AMERICA TO VISIT BEKKA AND HAVE A DISNEY TRIP SO THATLL BE SUPER DUPER AMAZING
I have a DLP trip happening which is awesome
Hopefully we will get Hamilton tickets
I have an internship which I hope will help me get a new job this year

So, there is a lot to look forward to in 2017. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you join me for all my blogging this year.
Until next time, take care,
love, Aimee :) xx




No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post