Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Kat Von D(ebenhams): Mini Haul

Hello everyone,
Let me start this post by getting the inevitable apologies for delays in posts part out of the way! I would like to say this is a result of my life being super busy but really I'm just very good at procrastinating anything and everything. But alas, here I am, so fresh and clean and filled with quite a few posts in my head, ready to be written.
Unless you've been living under a rock or you live in a country where KVD makeup is accessible, then you will be unaware of the major hype that has rocked the UK given that Kat Von D's insanely beautiful makeup has dropped on our side of the world. Thanks to Debenhams my bank account can now scream even louder over makeup purchases. Now, I did spend around £50, but by no means did I binge buy. I was able to stop myself from getting EVERYTHING and managed to buy just a few things to test out.

Let's begin with the Limited Edition 'London Calling' miniature set which Kat released a few weeks before the official Debenhams launch of her collection. Thanks to Bekka I was able to get my hands on this and truly, I've used at least one product in my daily routing since. The set retailed at £19.50 and included fun size versions of the Lolita Studded Kiss Lipstick, an Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Double Dare and a Tattoo Eyeliner in the shade Trooper. Given that all I bought in the official launch was lipsticks I'm going to delay my review for a few moments just to hype over how much I love the KVD packaging.
Starting with the 'London Calling' set, the box was so beautifully designed, with a backdrop of London monuments including the London Eye. The makeup was wrapped inside black tissue paper, which really fulfilled my makeup loving, emo soul! The individual lipsticks are also packaged so well also. I don't know if it's because I'm a packaging hoarder but honestly I just think the quality of KVD products and packaging are on another level, so Kudos KVD!
Now, I love liquid lipsticks, infact, they're my favourite beauty product. I do find KVD pricey at £16 in comparison to NYX Lipstick Lingerie which retails for £6.50. If there's one potentially negative comment I would make it is that KVD products are just as good as NYX but are over double the price! However, the packaging and longevity of the products are a huge selling point for the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks.
Having received Double Dare in the 'London Calling' set, I purchased Lolita II in the official Debenhams launch, and I also received Bow and Arrow as a result of my pal Georgia's recent trip to the states. I have to say that Lolita II is my favourite lip shade I've come across EVER, so far! It is described as a 'terracotta nude' and I really love the orange undertone to it. It is great for every day wear and gives a cute pop of colour, especially for someone who lives in shades of black. Double Dare is fun and I wear it when I've got a heavy eye look going on, if I want it to look less harsh. It is described as a 'cocoa blush' and whilst I've seen others say it looks like it has brown undertones on them, I personally find it a lot pinker than I'm used to wearing. Bow and Arrow is, I believe, the best seller in the range and is near enough always sold out! It is a cool toned nude shade which was a selling point for me, cause I love nude lipsticks. I have to confess I was really disappointed with this lipstick. Given that it is so popular I had high expectations but I did find the formula to be patchy in comparison to the other two shades which glide on in one coat. I found this made the shade look a little uneven as I had to build the colour up. This could just be me, given how popular Bow and Arrow is I doubt it is a major issue. I wear NYX lipstick Lingerie in Push Up quite often and I found myself still going to this as oppose to Bow and Arrow.
Going back to my confession of loving liquid lipsticks, it's only fitting I give some kind of comparison to others I've used. The KVD formula is by far the best. It is super creamy and doesn't feel instantly drying on the lips, which is such a pro as it is so comfortable to wear. The title Everlasting Lipstick is so fitting because it stays put all day, which is another bonus! Double Dare and Lolita II are completely opaque and I found they only required one dip into the product for full mouth application, which is going to last you SO LONG and makes the price SO WORTH IT. I am going to keep giving Bow and Arrow a try but personally I think there are better nude shades out there which are more affordable.
L-R: Lolita II, Bow and Arrow, Double Dare, Cathedral, Lolita, Tattoo Liner


Now onto the Studded Kiss Lipsticks. I do own a shimmery shade, Magick, which for the life of me I cannot find anywhere (cue sad music). I bought the shade Cathedral as I have wanted it FOR SO LONG! Due to an error on the Debenhams site where they advertised shades wrong I did end up receiving another Cathedral for free, which is marvellous! I have to say that I found the shade to be more pink toned than I thought it was but this isn't a negative, more of a nice surprise.  My favourite thing about the Studded Kiss range is that they smell of Rice Crispy treats and it is the most delicious smelling thing I've ever come across! Again with packaging, the studded design on the lipstick is so cool and really portrays Kat's edgy vibe. I'm not used to normal lipsticks because of how much I use liquid formulas but I do love the Studded Kiss line. The formula is super creamy and given they have Vitamins A, C and E in them, are super kind to the lips. I find that one coat is pretty much a warm rose colour but a second application gives me a more brown tone which I like, it's sort of like having two lipsticks in one given how buildable it is. I also have the shade Lolita from my mini set and this is such a beautiful colour. I haven't tried the liquid version of this shade so I can't say how similar they may or may not be, but my God please try this version anyway. It is super pigmented and has become my go to shade for days when I want my lips to feel a little more hydrated. As these are velvet matte finish lipsticks they will still feel drying but no means are they are drying as normal liquid lipsticks!
I'm going to finish this by talking about the Tattoo Liner. Now it is pretty surprising for me to say I've only just started trying liquid eyeliner again, given I wore it every day of my emo life in Years 7-10. But, this formula is AMAZING seriously, life changing! It dries super fast which means that annoying transfer smudge all over the eye is forever dead. Also the little tip is super precise which means you don't instantly get a thick, out of control flick. The formula is also waterproof meaning it will last for ages (allegedly 24 hours) and you can cry without ruining your wings, which is the ultimate pro!
I am hoping to purchase more products in the future, particularly a foundation. I hope this post has encouraged you to try out some of the range. Given the quality of the products and packaging and the fact the the range is cruelty free.Hopefully I will be back soon with more beauty posts if that's a thing you'd like to happen, until then, thank you for reading and I will see you next time.
Love,
Aimee :) xx

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post