Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

August 2016 Favourites

Hello everyone,
it seems I have actually managed to maintain a monthly theme on my blog which is a pretty big achievement for the procrastination princess! I've been loving ALOT of things in the month of August and I thought I'd share my top loved things here with you. So, here goes:

Home- I've mentioned in a few previous posts that Primark are really reigning in their homeware department. I was, as usual, in there for one thing and ended up leaving with more than what I set out to. On this occasion it happened to be a cute cushion which has Belle on one side and Cinderella on the other, which is basically two cushions for the price of one, so my regret isn't that strong. I can't remember the price but it was definitely less than £10 and it is perfect for any Disney lover out there.


Beauty- I have two things to mention for this month's beauty favourite. The first is a Sexy Motherpucker lipstick by Soap and Glory in the shade Cinnamon Beige. I'd seen a few YouTubers raving about it so I caved in and have been pretty impressed. It's a matte lipstick but it doesn't completely dry and it does feel quite moisturising. I did find the colour was lighter than expected but has become my go to lipstick on a day to day basis. Also it smells exactly like the Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipsticks, a.k.a marshmallowy goodness! The second beauty product is a makeup bag, from Primark, with a Disney Villain print. I got the one with the Evil Queen from Snow White and it even has a little red apple on the zip! For £4 I couldn't exactly leave it in the shop and it will come in useful when I go on holiday in October.

Body- I guess this kind of falls under beauty but alas I am giving it the title of body. I've had the Rosie for Autograph Eau de Parfum for sometime now but I only started using it on my graduation day. The scent is super strong for the price and is the first perfume I've had a compliment on, which feels pretty nice. If I had to give it a selling tag it would be 'floral and fun' which makes sense given the rose oil base. Also it is cruelty free which should make anyone who uses it feel good. I would also say it is a strong competitor against Daisy by Marc Jacobs, and with a 30ml being £14 at Marks and Spencer, it's definitely better for your bank account too!

Book- I recently got to hang out with my university pal Claire, and besides from the waffles we ate and chit chat we shared, she lended me a book which I've been thinking about since finishing it. When We Collided, by Emery Lord, is written from two perspectives, that of Jonah who spends his time cooking and caring for his little siblings, and Vivi, who is an adventurous, wild 'moon child.' It is an easy read and has been perfect for getting me back into reading. I would totally suggest it to anyone. RRP £7.99.


TV- The end of August saw the return of Bake Off and it truly is the best time of year. I am all about Mary Berry's reaction to gin infused baked goods and Mel and Sue's humour. Also, if you read my previous post, you will know that Stranger Things has taken over my life. I can't stress enough how amazing the cast are, how great the soundtrack is and how much I need more episodes. Season 2 recently just got announced and I can't wait to continue this love into 2017.

That is the end of my August favourites, I hope there are a few things in this post you might check out yourselves. As always, thank you for reading, I really appreciate it. If you have a blog or a YouTube channel please let me know because i'm always looking for something new to read/watch.
Love,
Aimee :) x

 
 
 
 
 

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post