Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

FBF: Halsey Badlands Tour

Hello everyone,
I apologise for the slump my blog has been in recently, what with my DISSERTATION and procrastination levels at an all time high.
I love Halsey. I've bragged about her in several posts and I really wanted to share the great experiences I had seeing her whilst she was in the UK. She may be a new artist but she is one of my all time favourite people to see live; her crowds are diverse, glitter coats my skin and I get to see some of my favourite humans in the process.
Let's kick this off with the Birmingham show and my trip to Camp Badlands. Emmy, Amy and I had a little stop off at TGI's for cocktails (mine was a hurricane, how fitting) before we headed to the venue. There were a few queues which seemed confusing but we weren't in the cold for too long. A guy (I'm really sad I don't know his name because he was SO POLITE, and a itty bitty little bit cute) gave us our wristbands and passports, which were stamped upon entry. Inside, all of the freaking amazing artwork that Halsey's shared at a few other events were displayed. Film poster esque versions of her songs, which I really hope become merch because I want to plaster my walls with them. There was a cute pink and blue Badlands backdrop where you could take photos and have them printed as cute post cards using a hashtag, and there was also the opportunity to buy discounted merch (we as a squad opted for the 'Send Help' dad caps).

Halsey came on stage to a mixed reception of silence, as we all gawped at her beauty and the fact she was actually there, and woo's! She performed a stripped back version of Hold Me Down, which was so captivating. I feel like Halsey often says her vocals aren't the strongest but honestly her voice moves me every time I hear it. She also did a mash up of Sweater Weather and Coming Down (which KILLED ME) and finished with a performance of Garden, which was included in the CD offered to Camp Badland's guests. She also had a chit chat with us all. Anecdotes which you wouldn't hear usually, about how she recorded Colors and couldn't find the right level of intensity for it's infamous 'you were red' part and also about her collaboration with MAC cosmetics. She also talked about the relationship she has with us, about how we are closer connected than we realise. How she's a young girl who worries about the future and how things like her relationship with her parents and her career will pan out. It made me tear up a little. One thing I won't forget anytime soon is her face when someone shouted for her to play the Haylor song!
After she left, the post Camp Badlands, pre Badlands show began. Her support acts were so much fun. Flor provided bouncy anthemic songs that reminded me of Walk the Moon and BORNS had a spark to them (him? IDK if they're a band or not sorry) which I liked.
What I loved about this gig was how exciting everything felt, given how much I love seeing Halsey perform. What sucked ass was the crowd, who pushed, shoved and often didn't move at all. We ended up leaving our spot for the back of the venue because it was a sea of iPhones and backpacks. Halsey at one point even said that everyone should respect each other 'the person next to you has been waiting for this as long as you have' and that was that.
A few days later part two rolled up. The LDN Halsey squad (minus Ashleigh in Oz) met up, had a disappointing visit to Wetherspoons before entering the venue. May I say, the pre show playlist was one of the best parts because I LOVE TWENTY ONE PILOTS WITH EVERY CELL IN MY BODY!
This crowd were a little more forgiving. I also have to point out how mesmerising Halsey's backdrops were. They were vivid, coated in colours and really bought the set to life. The best part of the show was when someone threw a bra on stage, and Halsey said she took hers off during the first song, which amazed me because I struggle to do mine let alone when i'm mid performance to a sold out crowd at Brixton!

She added Strange Love to the setlist this year which had all of us praising her, and of course those movements she makes, dropping to the floor and with her hands between her thighs were still alive!
I am so in love with Halsey's live shows (and her) and I am beyond excited for her future shows and songs and everything in between!
Thank you for taking me to the Badlands
and thank you for reading,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post