Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

ROWYSO: Birmingham Weekend

Hello everyone,
So I may have been a little bit of a liar when I said I would update my blog more, but I'm back (with major apologies) and I am ready to let you all know about the time of my life, which was seeing 5SOS this weekend, as their Rock Out With Your Socks Out tour came to Birmingham.
On Friday I made my way to Birmingham (after a major traffic delay) and met with Georgina, Ash and Vanessa to check in to our hotel. The room was so beautiful I'm considering living their until I can afford to move out! It is at the hotel where we glittered ourselves up, began our pina colada cocktail party and made our way to the venue.
The NIA was buzzing, and we made it in time for Hey Violet's very short, but incredibly sweet, acoustic show. The band then took pictures with pretty much everyone who came out to watch them perform. We opted for the peace and pout pose, and I have to say that Nia is the coolest and cutest band member I've met! Then we got food at Subway and I almost fell off my chair when the guy that worked there started whistling the chorus of Good Girls. After that, we headed back to the venue for the show.


The standing pods were tiny but AMAZING. There was room to dance and we somehow made it to the second row. My favourite thing about 5SOS shows, apart from them performing, is the pre show playlist that goes on before they come out, and they certainly didn't disappoint. We had a great time screaming along to Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects and even Nickleback. Spoiler Alert* the band plays The Final Countdown before they come on stage and I laughed so hard when I heard it I almost needed to leave. As usual I screamed my lungs out as they came on stage, and they began their set with one of my absolute faves End Up Here. We didn't think Heartbreak Girl was on the setlist so when we heard the intro we went CRAZY for it! Of course there was the typical chat between songs, and Luke felt the need to be emo and talk about their first show at the O2 Academy in the city. When they came back on for Wrapped Around Your Finger, I needed a shot. Then, Calum made his way to the run way and began a chorus for which I knew the tune but couldn't place the name of the song, when I realised it was the beginning for Everything I Didn't Say I sat on the floor and wanted to cry! It was a massive emo surprise. The show left us all pumped as hell and made us fall for the band all over again! We then went to the hotel, freshened up, and walked forever to find the Chinese restaurant closed, and McDonalds had no mozzarella sticks :(

On Sunday, Georgina left for 1D in Cardiff, and I went to meet up with Emmy and Amy at their hotel. We headed to the venue and grabbed some food, before going to Hey Violet's acoustic, which was in fact just a meet and greet, but it was the best fun and we got another cute photo, in which someone told us how GOALS we were! We met up with Vanessa and Ash and then headed for pre drinks, in which we got a little white girl wasted and saw Zakk who had worked on their second album with them. Emmy and Amy were absolute babes and surprised me with a ticket for the show, a pre birthday treat, and we made sure that the night was going to be a party!We got to the venue, got more drinks, got Emma into standing and headed with the Pod 2 Squad for our party. In total I spilled three drinks, and we all snorted and had a great time laughing our asses off as Zakk and John Feldmann came into the pod next to us!
We went hard with our dancing but sadly Hey Violet did not pick us and when 5SOS came out the true party began. We danced in pairs, we jumped in synch as a squad and several times I dropped to my knees as man bun Ashton took over the big screen. The show was just as fun as the night before,until 5SOS decided they wanted to do something a little different, and at that moment I knew I would not be okay, as Ashton left the drums, got a microphone, and with a little help from Feldy drumming, burst out into PIZZA! I don't think I've screamed that loud in my entire life! I'm lucky to have been to quite a few 5SOS shows, Koko and iTunes being two of them, but this gig was on a whole new level! Afterwards we were extremely hyped up, and decided to go to a club, but the queue was INSANE and so 6 of us had  a pizza party in Emmy and Amy's room for two!
The weekend was hilarious, sweaty, wild and fun and it has made me even more excited for Wembley weekend!

Thank you for reading,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post