Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Laura Lee Cat's Pajamas Palette: Review


Recently I received a very too good and tempting message from Beauty Bay regarding the Laura Lee Cat's Pajamas palette. It was on offer for £17.50 and with it's pink and gold range of shades, I caved in and purchased it.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Laura Lee. Not in a negative way, just in a 'I don't really know much about her/her channel' way. Just for clarification purposes, I didn't buy this palette for the name.

Beauty Bay pretty much are the best company for delivery and the palette arrived very quickly. I have to say on first impressions, the packaging is everything. I love the mixture of pinks in the floral box it comes in, along with the super sparkly palette and the fact it is magnetic. It definitely feels expensive.

The pan sizes are quite big compared to other eye shadow palettes I own, which I think on one hand is a good thing, however, with the amount the palette usually costs, you don't really get your value for money in terms of the range of looks you could do. With a row of browns/golds and a row of pinks/deeper purples, the artistic potential is limited. However, golds and pinks are what I usually lean towards in terms of eye shadow looks, so that isn't much of an issue for me.

The pigment on the shades is absolutely amazing! I did read that you could wet them to make them punch out more pigment but I didn't feel any need to do that. They are soft and easy to blend, which I believe Laura intended as a way of encouraging beginners in makeup to purchase it.


Whilst I cannot fault the palette in terms of performance and packaging, I would say that as it usually retails for £35, it isn't worth splashing out over. I have many palettes, from the likes of Revolution and Sleek, which offer almost identical shades, along with more pans, for a fraction of the cost. I think in all honesty you would just be paying for the name and the overall aesthetic of how it looks. It is a nice palette and I will use it, but for £35 you don't get much for your money.

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post