Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Aimee Was Watching: Stranger Things Season 2

So, I am a self confessed Stranger Things fangirl. Ever since I saw the first season I have been gripped by the world of Hawkins and its inhabitants. So, you can imagine my excitement when Netflix dropped the second instalment on October 27th.

*DISCLAIMER: THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Let's get to the good stuff first, cause heck knows there is plenty to be crying talking about. As always, the soundtrack, costuming and cinematography is flawless. The Duffer Brothers are exceptional in capturing the nostalgia of the 80's and Stephen King creepiness, and with the ultimate 80's (and my all time) it girl playing Joyce Byers, they have an all round powerful show.

The first thing I want to rave about is how much screen time certain characters had in comparison to the first season. Will Byers being the main one of the bunch. There is no denying that Noah Schnapp is by far, one of the most talented people on the show. His portrayal of Will this season, in his post Upside Down trauma and impending danger battle with the Shadow Monster was incredible. From the emotionally intense scenes with his mother, to his confrontations with the Shadow Monster, Will finally got the attention he deserved. Then we have Steve Harrington, who had an incredible character development this season. He shifted from fuqboi status to mother of sons with baby demogorgons. I have to say, Steve budding up with Dustin wasn't a plot I was expecting, but I am glad it happened.

Let's keep with the topic of unexpected plotlines. In particular, the duo that was Hopper and Eleven. I honestly made approximately 10,000 noises when she was introduced as living with him. I had SO MANY EMOTIONS. She was so close to Mike, and Mike felt so FAR from her. She got a constant supply of Eggos and TV shows and yet, I felt like nearly every scene she was in was emo. I had a good cry most of the time she featured this season. Regardless of how strong Eleven technically is, there is such an incredibly emotional element to her character. The repetition of people telling her where her home was made me emo each time. I know it was right of Hopper to keep her safe and away from Brenner, but I wish they had reunited her and Mike sooner.

I was apprehensive with the character introduction of Max into the group, assuming they would take the route of having her as 'the new Eleven' but I loved her dimension to the show. I loved her attitude, and the part where she finally stood up to Billy and batted him in the balls (seriously, 10/10).

Another thing I loved about this season was how much Halloween featured. From the mouldy pumpkins, to the dressing up as Ghostbusters, it truly touched my spooky heart.

Then we have the ultimate thing which I loved. I am taking a breath as I write this so that I don't produce something along the lines of ijsoshsoshohjsossosg\iudb\fnbnf\iof\nkl. Because seriously, I have waited since season one, FOR THIS MOMENT. One of the first things I said to my friends when I pressed play on season two was that all I wanted in life was to see Mike and Eleven at the Snow Ball, happy and safe and acting like kids. I can confirm that dreams really do come true, and they feel so much better the longer you hold out for them. I don't think I have fully digested that MIKE AND ELEVEN GOT THEIR HAPPINESS, but I am going to hold onto it whilst I can, incase season three ends this dream.

I think this is as coherent of a review I will be able to complete, so I will end it here. I am so happy I got to go back to the world of Hawkins. I just wish they would make more episodes for me to cry over.

See you in my next post.

Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post