Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Disneyland Paris April 2017

At the end of March, myself and my closest pal from home headed off on a little Disney adventure to Paris. As Disneyland Paris are currently celebrating their 25th anniversary I would say this was the most magical trip I've had. There were characters on every nook and cranny dressed to the nines in the sweetest anniversary outfits, welcoming guests, spreading some sparkle and entertaining through the challenging weather.
As someone who has only visited the parks in the Autumnal season, I had expected the trip to be incredibly sunny, and in fact packed only spring/summer essentials (including sun cream) but even with dismal weather, the park still has a fantastic buzz and I think it showed the greatness that the cast members, from performers and those in costumes, to those who control crowds and work in the shops and restaurants, have. It must be so difficult to keep on smiling and promoting happiness when you are completely and utterly soaked to the bones.
We stood in awe watching the parade. The floats were honestly so cool and Maleficent's Dragon blew me away (almost literally)! I have to comment on how wonderful the Princess Starlit Waltz is. I would have watched it all day, every day if possible. I know some people have commented that it felt more aimed for children but I fell in love watching all the princesses and their princes twirling on stage. Their dresses all looked so breath taking during the dances and I love how the characters keep their quirks about them during the show. Unfortunately we missed out on Happy Birthday Disneyland Paris which I would love to have seen. However, I got to do a few things on this trip I hadn't previously, such as try a dolewhip and explore Alice's Curious Labyrinth.
We braved the unforgiving and torrential rain on the first night to have our first viewing of Illumintations. It was an interesting experience to say the least, I have never seen the fireworks have such an empty crowd, and I did spend a large portion of the time wishing for it to end, just so I could be inside somewhere warm and cosy! Whilst it didn't quite match my love for Dreams, the previous night time show at DLP, I did enjoy Illuminations. The Lion King and Star Wars parts were my highlights. I thought the timing for the fireworks during the Star Wars part were perfectly timed. The only thing that didn't make it top Dreams is the lack of classic Disney. Dreams had so much of Peter Pan in it, along with The Lion King and the Hunchback of Notre Dame, as well as the part which always moved me to tears- the lantern scene from Tangled. Illuminations is focussed largely on upcoming Disney and it was hard to feel moved by something I haven't yet seen, such as Pirates of the Caribbean.
Whilst on my trip I tried to photograph as much as I could of the parks, to try and capture all the small bits that add to the grand magic everyone feels. By no means are they going to make you speechless but I wanted to share them, for memories sake more than anything. I hope you do enjoy this post, if you would like to see more of my Disneyland Paris trip, click here.







 

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post