Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

5SOS SLFL London and Brighton

Hello everyone,
I cannot believe the time has come for me and my pals to hit the road for the Aussies all over again. The last few days have been so incredible and I wanted to document it here so I can remember it. If you don't like 5SOS then please just stop reading because things are about to get EMO, real emo.
We (me, Emmy, Amy and Emma) got to our super cute apartment in London on Thursday, plugged in a laptop and started searching for tickets. It didn't take long for us to snap up some in a block on Calum's side, given we are being Michael AF for the rest of tour. We played a 5SOS version of heads up and C.A.H (Karen Clifford's ham and all that jazz) before stumbling to the venue.

At the O2, Amy and I pretended we'd lost the tickets, and it was pretty hilarious in our half drunken state. We missed the support act, Jessarae (think that's right) because we've seen him before supporting Hey Violet. We took to our seats and waited for 5SOS to hit the stage. Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy blasted around the arena and we were so into it, so much so it annoyed us when the lights went down and the band we'd actually came to see hit the stage. Carry On (one of my favourite songs from Sounds Good Feels Good) began, and so did the emo. Now, I've been to enough 5SOS shows to know Ashton likes to say a thing or two, and I noted after the first two songs, everyone had spoken apart from him. As we grooved for the rest of the set something became clear, ASHTON'S MIC WASN'T ON! I wanted to go backstage and complain, instead I indirected the O2 and impatiently waited for one of his solos to happen. Don't Stop, as always, provided to be a highlight of the night (probably because it's so obvious they hate playing it) and Jet Black Heart was such a beautiful moment, the lights went blue and only Michael was on stage as it began. I really do love it when they give Michael his moments, and this reminded me of Wrapped Around Your Finger last year. My highlight of the night was their song dedicated to London 'Bangerz (I'm assuming it has a z) and Mash.'



The second night at the O2 was wild. It all began with a T.G.I Fridays where I had the biggest single person cocktail I've ever seen, and we got to see Shibby for a smol time. Then we went to a bar which reminded me of what my house would be like if I owned one. The How Did We End Up Here dvd was being projected on a giant screen whilst Sounds Good Feels Good blasted on top of it. It was so funny and quite nice that some fans had congregated there, singing along and getting a little tipsy. We went to our seats after watching the infamous scene with Michael on fire. Thankfully Ashton's mic was on this time and I could thoroughly enjoy the show (he was also wearing red which ya know, makes me want to be dead) so it was pretty much an emo night. My favourite part of this show was watching the mum in the block near ours losing her shit for most of the set, honestly she went harder than us.
We packed our bags and drove to Brighton for our Soundcheck experience. I'm not gonna lie I really wasn't looking forward to how awkward this would be. I just don't like things like this it makes me feel weird. Low and behold I thought it would be super funny to suggest a question for soundcheck (if you were a wrestler what would your theme music be?) and a mere one hour later, Emmy got to ask them. I really do hope they saw as we turned to each other and impersonated John Cena when Michael gave his answer. We also found out that there's an edit of Ashton and the Big Show in the world and I'm begging Luke to kindly share it. They played Long Way Home which made me so HAPPY because they aren't playing it for the gig and it's one of my top three songs (I can't decide my number one but this is definitely up there). They also played Outerspace and Catch Fire. My highlight was Michael describing himself as a Pokémon, and Calum's reaction to a fan saying they'd use his jaw line as a weapon in a zombie apocalypse. I loved the intimate feeling of the Soundcheck experience and it also made me miss the smaller venues they used to play.
We headed for food before the actual show began because there's no way we could survive. Then we headed into our pod, a few cocktails later. Brighton is so tiny as an arena, and it's definitely one of my favourite shows that I've seen them do. I really hope they saw us dad dancing at least once. I love having room to dance and this was such a nice thing to be able to do. Something I've loved about this tour is the little jam sessions they do between some songs. They are constantly debated over for their 'talents' and whilst some might say anyone who can play an instrument can do what they did, it was so cool to see them show off their skills. I also loved Brighton is Arighton which I hope becomes a single soon.


This is all I have to share about tour right now. I have two dates officially left in Cardiff, though I really really really want to go to Manchester (I hope my pals are reading this). I don't want to get super mushy and cry but I've seen so many friendship groups I know met through this band who are also travelling around to see them like we are, being emo over how great life is because of them. For me *cue sobs and endless emo* my happy place is a 5SOS show and when we are travelling and making dumb jokes like CAUSE I'VE GOT A PLASTIC BAG it makes me feel so happy to be alive and know the people I do. I don't care if you think 5SOS are lame, or you are a 5SOS fan and you don't like me or my friendship group. I know there are so many people on this planet who have been bought together because of four Australians and I know life wouldn't be this good if they hadn't existed.
That's my emo over for today,
Thank you for reading,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post