Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

What to expect in 2016

Hello everyone,
so this is my very first post of the year and I am hoping to be as, if not more, efficient with my blogging life this year. I really hope you enjoy reading whatever I babble on about because I enjoy blogging, and writing, so much and all of your reactions, however small, mean so much to me.
I thought this post would be split in two parts- what I'm hoping for 2016 and what you can expect from me in terms of content. So here goes:
Aimee's 2016 hopes:
I tend not to have resolutions because they never work out and I'm not essentially against my current lifestyle so much that I think I need to make drastic changes. These are just small things I'd like to accomplish.
  • Have an entirely cruelty free beauty collection- need I say more? I in no way, shape or form want to contribute to an industry that is founded on the abuse of innocent creatures. Be they bunnies, puppies, kittens, monkeys or any other non-human. It is such a shame that so many people are blinded by brands like Mac and Maybelline when so many great, affordable and cruelty free brands are out there.
  • Commit to the vegetarian lifestyle- As it goes, I'm not the biggest meat eater in the world so this isn't something that would prove to be too challenging. However, when we are trekking up and down the country for bands it is so much easier to nip to McDonalds for chicken nuggets than it is to sniff out veggie hot spots. I really want to try and keep to this lifestyle though. I am a fan of the halloumi offerings at Nandos and have recently tested out McDonald's veggie burger so I'm hoping I won't be such an annoying pal on future road trips.
  • Read more of what I want to read- Given my degree, a lot of reading lists have been forced upon me and, given the amount of classics that tainted the lists, it seems that my relationship with reading has hit a sour patch, which I want to rebuild.
What you can expect from my 2016 posts:
  • A heap of concerts, specifically 5SOS but also from the likes of Halsey and The Maine
  • Music reviews because of course there will be a huge catalogue of anthems for 2016
  • Cruelty free makeup reviews- just so you can see how good the quality can be
  • More YouTube???? I mean it's something I'd like to do but it is such a stressful thing and I can't fully commit to that
  • A few posts on shows I'm going to see such as American Idiot and Lord of the Flies
  • A GIANT 21ST BIRTHDAY POST!!! because I'm getting towards the granny age of life
  • Anything you'd like me to post- I really want to post stuff people want to read so please leave me comments, tweet me or text me ideas (if you're a pal).
2016 is also providing me two very big and scary milestones: graduation+ turning 21= EMO OVERLOAD.

I am very excited for what 2016 has to bring, so let's do this,
thank you for reading,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post