Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

2015: the highlights

Hello everyone,
what's this? Two posts in one day? This really is a miracle!
As 2015 hurries to its end I thought it would be really cute and very emo to look back at some of my most favourite memories from this year. I really enjoy it when people make posts like this so please leave me a comment or tweet me some of your stand out moments from this year.
I would like to think 2016- the year I graduate and drown in the adult world, will be just as incredible as this year has been, here are some of my favourite things from 2015:

All Time Low Acoustic Show in Kingston
I could rave about this gig everyday for the rest of my life. This year saw my tiny emo dreams come true when I finally saw All Time Low, one of my favourite bands ever, live. I had the absolute pleasure of seeing them in an arena and a few months later, perform a tiny, intimate acoustic show on the back of their sold out Wembley date. It was intense to say the least, with the crowd even at such a chilled out show to be pushing and shoving but it was one of the best musical experiences I've had. If you'd like to read more about my experience seeing ATL this year you can read my extra emo post here!
 
Halsey London shows
What a surprise, another gig or two, but two of the best gigs I have ever been too. We were all so relentless when it came to never missing a moment of Halsey's London gigs. whether it was camping out in the biting cold or partying like crazy at the back of KoKo,it really was an experience that made this year a standout year. There are so many memories of Chinese food, playing the seven second challenge all night, and drinking too many cocktails that I won't ever let go of. I hope Halsey's 2016 shows will be just as wild for everyone!
 
5SOS ROWYSO SHOWS
There are so many fantastic memories from this year which find themselves entwined in these shows. From wearing my shorts inside out, staining my retainer, being pranked with merch stories, Pod Squad, sneaking alcohol in our bras, Maisie Williams, Michael literally setting on fire and getting closer to my EMOS <3 it was such a great summer filled with positivity. I cannot wait for SLFL to kick off and make even more memories in 2016.
 
Paris
Georgia departed England for a study abroad and Natalie and I took the time to have a little Mary Kate and Ashley style Parisian adventure. I've wanted to go to Paris for years and to see such a drop dead gorgeous city with some of my absolute favourite people was the best. Paris may be one giant stair case but man is it worth every moment.
 
Disneyland Paris on Halloween
My favourite holiday in a place I've waited my entire life to visit is not only one of my favourite memories of the year, but of my whole life. It was so spectacular. Georgia, Natalie and I shared the Tower of Terror aka the best ride of all time, the pain of waiting for Peter Pan's Flight and the sweetest hot chocolate on earth. Can we please go back sometime soon? I have just realised that I never wrote a blog about Paris, WTF, so sorry, that'll be a TBT sometime in the new year :)
 
Finally meeting 5SOS
After what was quite almost one thousand fails, we finally met 5SOS again. I mean that in no way shape or form that I deserve to meet them or that I expect to meet them, given all the fails we shared I honestly expect failure, so it was truly fucking amazing to actually see them again. It's been a tricky year in terms of 5SOS, and I have never come so close to combusting than when this day happened. It was also such a cute day because we also got to go and see the art wall they'd constructed in London to promote SGFG, and everyone was elated.
 
Here's some memories I cannot not share but I don't have photos to accompany:
 
  • Amy wearing mismatched shoes to the airport, on the very same day 5SOS didn't fly and Orlando Bloom did.
  • Amy's face when she saw Orlando Bloom
  • Going to Thorpe Park/Staying in London for Georgia's birthday, in which, to my dismay, I did drink absinthe yet again
  • Travelling on the Eurostar alone and not letting anxiety consume me
  • BEING A TIT INFRONT OF ASHTON
  • seeing Bryana Holly irl
  • Sneaking into the Teen Awards, being very much not a teen
  • Waking up at 3am when Radio One got cancelled
  • Watching Amber Alert
  • Watching the Hungover Games
  • Watching How Did We End Up Here and screaming at everything
I'm 99% sure I've missed at least 200 memories from here but some things are better left unsaid and safe in my mind.
Thank you for reading and for being a part of my year. Another thing I've loved about this year is beginning and sticking to blogging which I hope to keep up next year too. I hope your 2015 was also a great journey and I wish you a very positive and fulfilling 2016
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post