Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

It Eventually Happened

Hello everyone,
I feel like it has become a bit of a habit to start every post with a *sorry it's been a while message, so *sorry it's been a while!*
This is going to be a tiny emo post about the day I had yesterday, when I finally met 5SOS again after what feels like 9749 lifetimes but in fact was a year.
It will come to no surprise for you who are reading this because of Twitter or being my friend that me and some of my friends are a tad obsessed with this Australian band. When they announce shows we pounce online for tickets, when they say they're coming back to the UK we amber alert one another. Since September 2014 we've had a stroke of bad luck with every attempt we've had at meeting them; they've flown to Sydney whilst bunches of girls waited for them at Heathrow, they've arrived sans band member, they've flown from Manchester whilst we've sat in Heathrow departures, we've been given false info and just in general not been in the right place at the right time.
I don't want to look as though I'm complaining about all the bumps in the road of trying to meet 5SOS, because I have been so fortunate to have met them multiple times, and have the loveliest memories of meeting them, but it is the most disheartening thing to fail, especially when 294984984 people you know are posting their photos and you're a little emo.
The main thing is, through all the angry drives home, rewriting songs to fit our misfortunes, for every time we said we were done, that was it, it was finished, we were never coming back, WE NEVER GAVE UP!
A lot of people go to meet them for the insta likes or the retweets but we, and a lot of people we know, go to say hi, to say thank you, to say hopefully see you again soon. We do things outside of the band, like go to double showings of Magic Mike, and have Netflix and chill (with snacks) days. Our friendship, unlike some, doesn't depend on where and when 5SOS will be near. Having said that, each time we do get to see them together I feel like the friendship strengthens because after all  we were bought together because of this band. It would be nice to think in ten years we could all look back and say 'I spent so much time and money meeting that band with my favourite people and I would do it all again.'
With all these fails on our backs we were determined to just see glimpses of our favourites, we were prepared for them not to stop, with the prospect of seeing them feeling as satisfying as every time we'd been successful in the past, but yesterday was like last year and it made me so HAPPY!
We all lined up, IMAGINE ACTUAL ORGANISATION FOR ONCE, and waited as they checked in. There was a brief period we thought Ashton would be the token band member which for me was ok, but for my friends who are Michael and Luke girls that possibility was a little bit crushing, however all four of the boys did come over, with Luke and Ashton stopping for everyone.
What amazed me was the fact that most of the times we've not met them is because of the fact there's so many fans at the place but yesterday felt so relaxed and unrushed.
Ashton was buzzing, asking how people were, joining the line and pretending to be a fan, and ultimately just leaving me as the living heart eye emoji, Michael, who we had not seen in over a year was of course super friendly and Luke tried to tell a joke or two. The other fans were so respectful too, when Calum and Michael left having done half of each side of the line nobody screamed or became rude, the people I was with were all polite, saying thank you for stopping, asking how each boy was and wishing them a good flight and good luck with the album. It was honestly one of my absolute favourite times meeting them and that moment of complete happiness that they would be stopping won't die down anytime soon.
Also a reason for our incredibly amazing time was the appearance of Steve who whilst waiting for the boys spoke about how much he likes working with them and how he remembers this time last year when we'd be showing up for things.

After meeting 5SOS we jumped on the tube to see the #THENEWBROKENSCENE wall art which is promoting Sounds Good Feels Good. We had an impromptu photoshoot with two instax, one polaroid and way too many iPhones! It was a spectacular thing to see and I don't think any of us imagined we'd be as in awe of it as we were. It is so bright, punching passers by in the face with images of artwork for their album. People stopped to take pictures of their own, having seen how excited we were to be there, and it shows just how much of a buzz the street art is creating for their upcoming sophomore album.


So that's it, my little emo post about finally seeing 5SOS again. It might be a little bit lame but oh well, I don't want to forget this day and how amazing we all felt and still do! I'm super excited for SGFG to come out in literally a few hours, even though broken home and invisible might kill me off,
hopefully we will continue to feel as positive about how things will go in the future!
Thank you for reading this post,
Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post